Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Ack!

So, I checked my mail today and found this friendly postcard in my mailbox (These are small, but you'll get the idea...):






Umm, excuse me? How did this ad campaign meeting go? Probably a little like this...

Post Office Ad Exec 1
Hey, Bob, how should we let people know that the current Post Office is fuckin' wired. People can do, like, everything with the internets! We need a clear signal that we're modern and up with the times. What screams "modern"?

Post Office Ad Exec 2
Hmm... what do the kids these days like... are they still into Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots?

POAE 1
They must be! Dodge beat us to that one. Kids are all now well aware that their Dodge trucks are fully immmune to computer animated robot attacks.

POAE 2
Damnit! That must be so effective!

POAE 1
I know. Wait... I think I've got something... idea forming...

POAE 2
I think I've got one too! You go first. Whatcha got?

POAE 1
I got it! We'll use Cathy! It's brilliant!

POAE 2
Cathy? The comic strip?

POAE 1
Yup.

POAE 2
The one that's had the one freaking joke every day since 1976? That no one reads? That no one finds funny? That no one even remembers ever being funny? That rivals Family Circus in sheer level of mockery, satire, and outright parody?

POAE 1
That's the one.

POAE 2
Sounds great! I had an idea, but let's go with that.


It's too bad they went with Cathy... since Ad Exec 2 had a great idea:

2 comments:

Cheryl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cheryl said...

I just noticed that you titled this "Ack!" I literally just loled.


(the last comment was from me, but it didn't go through correctly. sorry about that.)