Friday, July 13, 2007

So long, morning

Ever played some video games? Check out this Commenter Draft on Kissing Suzy Kolber.

The question: which video game would you play against alien invaders for the fate of the world? This is one of the few places on the internet where you need to follow the comments.

This cost me my entire morning. I got into the commenting, but good buddy Hats for Bats really stole the show.

I ended up taking:

1. Legend of Zelda
2. Resident Evil
3. Upside-down spelling words on a calculator. That's a game, right? 1134. 58008. Tee hee.
4. Ducktales on NES

And that's when I called it a day.

But Hats for Bats... wow:

1. Major League Baseball 1991 for Game Gear
2. Super Mario 3 ("Finally living out my 'the Wizard' fantasy")
3. Lee Carvallo's Putting Challenge
4. Turbo TextTwist (java game)
5. Drug War on a TI-83
6. Erotic Photo Hunt

At which point commenter John S pointed us to the Tetris theme music. When Hats wanted to run that over the office intercom, John S said,

If you could, it would be kind of like Andy Dufrense in Shawshank.

"It was like some beautiful bird flapped into our drab little cage and made those walls dissolve away, and for the briefest of moments, every last man in Shawshank felt free. "


And that, my friends, is how to win a comment thread.

No comments: